- Brock Berry, vice president, AdTaxi Networks, Digital First Media, Denver, Colo.
- Kelly Bolyard, vice president of business development, Elkhart (Ind.) Truth
- Michael Bush, president and CEO, Civitas Media, Clinton, Conn.
- Peter Newton, president, GateHouse Media Ventures - Propel Media, Quincy, Mass.
- Tim Prince, vice president and group manager, Boone Newspapers, Inc., Shelby County, Ala.
- Brooke Zapata, director, digital strategy and development, USCP, Gannett Co. Inc., McLean, Va.
Download the PowerPoints from this session at www.BlinderGroup.com/getinfo
Monday, Feb. 18 (Monday Sessions sponsored by Seyfarth Shaw)
Trade Show Opens
Come visit with our newspaper partners throughout the conference. Let them show you how their research and development efforts, as well as their products and services, can help you improve your newspaper’s bottom line.
● Newsmedia Outlook for 2013
Each year INMA produces an annual outlook report that focuses on growth and opportunity areas for the upcoming year along with any areas of concern. In this session, Earl Wilkinson will present the key findings from this much anticipated report. With Earl Wilkinson, executive director, International News Media Association, Dallas, Texas
Conference attendees may request a PDF of this presentation by contacting Earl Wilkinson at email@example.com.
● Buzz Session: Rapid-Fire Revenue-Generating Case Studies
Industry research and development partners will showcase how their products and services are being used by newspapers to grow revenue or improve operations. Moderator: Peter Conti, sales and marketing director, Local Media Association, Richmond, Va.
Buzz Session participants:
● Leading Through Change
It is an understatement to say that leading and managing is challenging in today’s ever-changing environment. Creating a high performance ad sales team takes different skill sets than it did just a few years ago. This session will identify the focus and mission of top-performing leaders and companies, ensuring goals are met, people are motivated and creating a work environment that is both rewarding and enjoyable. With Kelly Wirges, ProMax Training & Consulting, Inc., Omaha, Neb.
Download a PDF of Kelly Wirges' presentation
Welcome Reception in the Exhibit Hall
Sponsored by Cribb, Greene & Associates, Dirks, Van Essen & Murray, PAGE Cooperative, PARADE Magazine, Southern Lithoplate, SP Fiber Technologies, TownNews.com and Trippons.com
Tuesday, Feb. 19 (Tuesday Sessions sponsored by USA WEEKEND Magazine)
Sponsored by Monster.com
● The Mega-Conference Executive Roundtable
Dynamic industry leaders will tell it like it is and what they believe needs to happen in the industry and how they are doing it.
- Moderator: Alan Mutter, consultant and veteran media executive who blogs at "Reflections of a Newsosaur," San Francisco, Calif.
- Michael J. Klingensmith, publisher and CEO, Star Tribune Media Company LLC, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Larry Kramer, president and publisher, USA Today, McLean, Va.
- Terry Kroeger, publisher, The Omaha World-Herald and president, BH Media Group, Omaha, Neb.
- Jim Moroney, publisher and CEO, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas
● On the Front End of Media Change in the Entrepreneurial City of New Orleans
With Ricky Mathews, president, Nola Media Group, and Jim Amoss, vice president of content/editor, Nola Media Group, New Orleans, La.
● Emerging Opportunity: E-Commerce Strategies
With Eric Bright, vice president of e-commerce for Deseret Digital, Salt Lake City Utah
Download a PDF of Eric Bright's presentation
● Audience Development: The content story, the revenue side
With Steve Wagenlander, director of audience development, The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C.
Download a PDF of Steve Wagenlander's presentation
12:30 - 1:30 p.m. - Lunch
Sponsored by Southern Lithoplate
Two Concurrent Sessions
● What’s New in Paid Content
With Matt Sokoloff, Reynolds Fellow, Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute, Columbia, Mo.
Download a PDF of Matt Sokoloff's presentation
● Weekly/Small Newspapers Roundtable Discussions
Moderators: Roy Biondi, group publisher at Central Ohio Community Newspapers, Lewis Center, Ohio, and Mark Poss, chief executive officer at Red Wing Publishing, Red Wing, Minn.
Two Concurrent Sessions
● The Columbus Dispatch’s New Format: The shape of things to come?
With Phil Pikelny, CMO, Dispatch Printing Company, Columbus, Ohio
Download a PDF of Phil Pikelny's presentation
● Using Data to Drive Revenue, Audience Engagement
With Ruth Presslaff, president, Presslaff Interactive Revenue, Torrance, Calif.
● The Serious Potential of Mobile Ad Sales
The Directors' Cut: What 10 digital sales directors have learned about mobile, and how you can learn from their mistakes and triumphs. With Bill Ganon, senior vice president/general manager local markets, Verve Mobile, Encinitas, Calif.
Download a PDF of Bill Ganon's presentation
Mobile Content Development and Monetization: A successful media company shares its strategy. With Laurel Lane, founder, Digital Span Solutions, Pittsburgh, Penn.
Download a PDF of Laurel Lane's presentation
Hosted by SAXOTECH
Wednesday, Feb. 20
● Incubating Growth: Meaningful business innovation for newspapers
With Jed Williams, senior analyst and program director, BIA/Kelsey, Chantilly, Va.
Download a PDF of Jed Williams' presentation
● Double the Profit of Your TMC
With Jim Hart, partner, DM for Newspapers, Glendale, Ariz.
Download a PDF of Jim Hart's presentation
● Hip to be Square: The modular advantage
With Leonard Woolsey, publisher of the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, and group publisher of Paxton Media. From E&P’s 10 Newspapers That Do it Right Series!
Download a PDF of Leonard Woolsey's presentation