Has your newspaper done something innovative this year?
We want you to nominate your newspaper for consideration in this year's Mega-Conference Innovation Award.
Don't think you can't compete with the large metros? In 2016, the winner was a three-day-a-week paper. This award is designed to recognize innovative achievements made by newspapers of all sizes.
- Introduced a new product, service or go-to-market approach that is substantially changing your current or future business model?
- Grown your digital revenue to be a critical portion of your revenue mix?
- Tapped into new audiences with a new approach to publishing?
- Diversified your revenue to be less dependent on traditional newspaper advertising?
- Created a culture of innovation for your employees?
If the answer is "YES" to any or all of these questions, you need to submit a nomination for the 2018 Mega-Innovation Award!
This award will be presented at the 2018 Key Executives Mega-Conference to a newspaper or multi-property media company – not to an individual person. Ensure that your company is recognized for the innovative steps it is taking by submitting a nomination for this prestigious award!
The 2018 Mega-Conference, sponsored by Inland Press Association, Local Media Association, Southern Newspaper Publishers Association and News Media Alliance, will showcase the finalists at the conference. The award winner will be announced following all four presentations.
The deadline for entries is Jan. 11, 2018 (11:59 p.m. Eastern).
To assist you in preparing your entry, here are the questions the entry form asks. Answer those that pertain to your company. (Essay responses: 300 words or less, suggested)
- New Revenue Channels: What new product(s) or approaches have you introduced in the past three years that is/are making a significant difference to your business model today or is expected to significantly alter your business model in the near future?
- Digital Revenue: My digital revenue was ___ percent of my total revenue over the past 12 months. Digital revenue at my company grew ___ percent over the previous year.
- Non-Core Revenue: Have you diversified your revenue in other ways beyond print and digital, such as events or agency services (PR work, logo development, competitive media placement, etc.?) If yes, what percentage of your total advertising revenue comes from these streams? What do you expect it to be in three years? Please provide any additional details or comments that you would like judges to consider.
- Audience Development: Please describe any innovative audience approaches your company has taken that has allowed your company to reach more readers, new audience segments (eg: millennials, sports fanatics, etc.) or improve subscriber engagement. How has this impacted subscriptions, open rates, social shares or total audience?
- Sales & Marketing Approach: Check which of the following most applies to you: (1) We have trained all sales executives how to sell digital products. (2) We have a separate staff to sell digital and/or new initiatives. (3) We have specialized people who sell the complicated stuff and help the rest of the staff sell our new and/or digital product mix. Then, please describe any innovative sales and marketing approaches you have taken that have helped your company improve the trajectory of your revenue.
- Organizational & Company Culture Transformation: Please describe how your company has changed its organizational structure, work environment and/or rewards to encourage innovation.
|Contact||Testimonials||Follow us on Twitter||Powered by|